Job Title: Startup Competition & Scouting Manager
Preferred Location: Mexico City (Mexico)
Other localizations: Madrid (Spain), New York (USA)
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech ecosystems in Spain and Latin America through collaborative activities and networks, such as events, workshops, hackathons and startup competitions. Furthermore, Finnovista designs and executes Fintech startup acceleration and scaling programs, such as Startupbootcamp Fintech, the leading Fintech accelerator of Latin America.
Finnovista’s mission is to accelerate Fintech entrepreneurship, building bridges between startups and financial institutions and facilitating the transformation of advanced financial services and the eradication of financial exclusion.
Finnovista is the organizer of FINNOSUMMIT, the leading Fintech Innovator Summit where startups and financial institutions meet to visualize and discuss the future of the financial services industry.
At Finnovista, we believe in the re-invention of the financial services industry for the current information age through entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology – building new financial services from the ground-up by special-purpose organizations (startups), that have no legacy systems (industrial age infrastructure) or focus on heavy balance sheets.
Since 2012, Finnovista has built leading Fintech innovator communities in Europe and Latin America, partnering with leading public and private institutions. Since then, Finnovista has designed, implemented and executed Fintech startup competitions and other open innovation projects using its collaborative networks for institutional clients, such as Innotribe (SWIFT), BBVA, EY, Inter-American Development Bank and Visa, sourcing more than 3,000 startups, and designed, implemented and managed acceleration programs for institutional clients.
For information about Finnovista please visit www.finnovista.com.
Finnovista is hiring an entrepreneurial, visionary and high-performing individual to lead its work in the area of startup competitions and startup scouting. The successful individual will be primarily focused on design, implementation, and execution of Fintech startup competitions and startup scouting projects.
This role is a unique opportunity to work closely with Fintech entrepreneurs, as well as other stakeholders driving transformation and disruption in financial services. Your work supporting entrepreneurs and startups will also have an impact on improving the access to finance and efficiency of financial services throughout emerging economies.
You will be a strategist, integrator, connector, and implementer – with the goal of doing whatever it takes to help build Finnovista’s capabilities in sourcing and supporting Fintech startups, as well as help build the capabilities of industry players collaborating with Fintech startups through startup competitions. Working under the supervision of the Finnovista Managing Partners, and in close collaboration with the Communications & Marketing Manager, you will have significant responsibility and a high degree of autonomy.
Position Key Responsibilities
- Support competition design, and lead implementation and execution of regional Ffintech startup competitions
- Liaise with institutional clients for startup competitions, when applicable
- Identify, source and liaise with strategic competition partners
- Collaborate with communications manager and institutional clients to support marketing and communications efforts related to startup competitions
- Coordinate startup selection process, with end to end involvement, communicating with judges, startup, and finalists
- Lead pre-screening and participate in screening phases of startup evaluation and selection
- Coordinate startup coaching sessions and startup participation in Finnovista events
- Coordinate audience voting and judge participation at finals/semi-finals
- Implement and administer competition websites & platforms
- Weekly reporting to institutional clients and Finnovista management
- Hunting interesting fintech startups from around the world
- Building relationship with some of the best fintech startups out there
- Maintaining, filing and optimising Finnovista’s startup database
- Tracking and measuring success against KPIs
- Supporting the team in a wider range of other tasks when required, including mentoring interns
- Fluent English / Spanish, Portuguese preferred (not required)
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in management consulting, startup acceleration, entrepreneurship, venture capital and / or social impact organizations
- You are familiar with the Global fintech space
- Direct experience with management and operations, and a successful record of implementation
- Very strong business-sense, with experience in all strategic, operational, and funding aspects of startup & company development, especially in the early-stage phase.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to get things done
- Ability to work collaboratively, build trust and facilitate change in organizations
- You are an experienced information manager with excellent organisation and research skills. You are not afraid to handle large sets of data
- You are passionate about the startup ecosystem
- You are a great team player, but also able to work on projects autonomously
- Comfortable working remotely, with travel as required in Latin America and the US
- Commitment and passion for doing and driving social change & entrepreneurship
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and high-uncertainty environments
In order to be considered for this position, email your resume, cover letter and put the job title you’re applying for in the subject line and send to email@example.com