Are you a student in a top university interested in communication, Social Media and Marketing? Would you like to work in an entrepreneurial environment? Join us as an Intern!
Finnovista is looking for an intern on Communication and Marketing, to work along side a small team of individuals with a passion for Fintech and startups. If you are interested in joining our team while you finish your studies and you want to be a part of our mission and have a bigger impact in our community, don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com, and send us your CV and cover letter.
Job Title: Communication and Marketing Intern
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Duration: 6 months / Full time (part time applications considered)
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech ecosystems in Europe, Latin America and Africa through collaborative activities and networks, such as events, workshops, hackathons and startup competitions. Furthermore, Finnovista designs and executes Fintech startup acceleration and scaling programs.
Finnovista’s mission is to accelerate Fintech entrepreneurship, building bridges between startups and financial institutions and facilitating the transformation of advanced financial services and the eradication of financial exclusion. Finnovista is the organizer of FINNOSUMMIT, the leading Fintech Innovator Summit where startups and financial institutions meet to visualize and discuss the future of the financial services industry. For information about Finnovista please check: www.finnovista.com
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the Communications Intern will assist in creating and managing all communications supporting to Finnovista. The position will help to develop content for the branch website, digital media, monthly newsletter and blogpost and social media outlets. The intern may also provide support in PR activities, event planning and photography. He/she is responsible for supporting and managing these functions in accordance with the mission, purposes, and policies of Finnovista. Various roles and functions within the company, as in any startup you will be part of small team doing all sort of interesting tasks, very enriching and rewarding. This role is a unique opportunity to work closely with fintech entrepreneurs, as well as other stakeholders driving transformation and disruption in financial services. Your work supporting entrepreneurs and startups will also have an impact on improving the access to finance and efficiency of financial services throughout emerging economies. At Finnovista, you will have the opportunity to work in a startup environment with a truly multinational team from countries like Spain, USA and Latin America. We are looking for entrepreneurial lateral thinkers that are passionate about startups and eager to having a positive impact in the world of technology, entrepreneurship and financial services. You will be based in Madrid, and interacting often with our offices in New York and Mexico.
What you need to bring along?
Internship is open to undergraduate students studying communication, marketing, journalism, graphic design, writing or a related field.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, fluency in Portuguese a strong plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written and verbal communication (English and Spanish).
- Strong written communication skills, an understanding of digital media (such as social media and website management). (You will support in press releases and you will also have the opportunity to write your own specialized items).
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop required; Photography experience preferred.
- Familiar with Google tools for remote working and Excel for analysis.
- International open minded entrepreneurial spirit.
- The intern must have the ability to determine and set priorities as well as the capacity to handle multiple tasks appropriately in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- An interest in startups, innovation, technology, business analysis and the financial services industry
- Able to work in unstructured environments and dealing with uncertainty. Being dynamic, resilient and proactive is key.
What are you responsible for?
- Coordinates and develops communication material to advertise and support Finnovista programs.
- Supports the Communications Manager in maintaining Finnovista website, digital signage, updating as needed and ensuring all sections are current, accurate and effective.
- Assists in coordinating social media efforts.
- Creates and produces spotlight articles on programs and events. May include writing articles, photographing activities.
- Assist in researching innovative promotional displays for the branch (including digital signage and/or interactive technology).
If you are interested in joining our team while you finish your studies and you want to be a part of our mission and have a bigger impact in our community, don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and send us your CV and cover letter.