Hiring: Communications & Marketing Intern
Location: Finnovista (Cink Emprende, Madrid)
Minimum period: 6 months
Do you want to transform finance for the better, immerse yourself in a vibrant startup ecosystem, help us find the next high potential Fintech startups and contribute to positioning the best Fintech accelerator in Latin America? This is your opportunity!
Finnovista is an impact organization empowering Fintech and Insurtech ecosystems in Latin America and Spain through a collaborative platform that entails acceleration and scaling programs, conferences, hackathons, research, challenges and collaborative innovation projects with partners as well as a dedicated Fintech co-creation space.
At Finnovista we build bridges between the financial services and the insurance industries and the startups with the vision of transforming finance and insurance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation. Our mission is to eliminate frictions so startups can change the world of finance in collaboration with financial institutions, other corporates, and investors.
We have offices in Madrid, Spain and Mexico City, Mexico.
Finnovista is part of the Rainmaking Group, a global leader in corporate innovation and venture building, with operations in more than 8 countries and 4 continents. Rainmaking focuses on creating, accelerating and scaling new businesses with the world’s leading corporations and entrepreneurs, helping to make innovation a predictable driver of growth.
You can find more information about Finnovista at www.finnovista.com and about Rainmaking at www.rainmaking.io. Our culture defines us and we would like you to be comfortable with us. You can find our culture book here: https://rainmaking.io/RM_culturebook.pdf
This is a unique opportunity to build your career in the field of innovation, entrepreneurship, and impact supporting the Marketing and Communication department.
As an intern, your role at Finnovista will be assisting the Marketing and Communications team while keeping learning and enjoying supporting the Fintech and Insurtech ecosystem. Some of your tasks will include:
- Contributing to the execution of marketing, communication and content creation activities, working closely with the Communication & Marketing team.
- Sourcing, creating and uploading powerful editorial stories to the communication channels.
- Delivering social media, graphic and audiovisual content to support the communication and marketing activities.
- Assisting the team with proofreading communications and presentations.
- Develop branding design and branding for projects/team communications.
- Revise existing or translate new web pages as well as presentations, programs’ documents, etc.
- Assisting the organization of internal and external events with the aim of promoting a better engagement with internal and external audiences.
- Provide support in communication tasks to the rest of the company’s departments.
- Distributing public relations material to staff and community as requested.
- Assisting with media inquiries and maintaining media lists as requested.
- Supporting on the organization of flagship and meetup events with startups and financial institutions, as well as startup competitions, immersion programs and/or pilot programs and proof of concept
- Various roles and functions within the company, as in any startup, you will be part of a small team doing all sorts of interesting tasks, very enriching and rewarding.
The internship is open to recent graduates or students who can commit to a full-time position.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and Spanish.
- Strong written communication skills and an understanding of digital media and digital marketing.
- Eager to learn how to use new tools and technologies.
- Keen on new media and social media management, especially, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere or other video editing software.
- Innovative and can implement creative methods for maximum exposure.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Package and Mac, intermediate excel skills, Google tools.
- International open-minded entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical skills.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks appropriately in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Interest in startups, innovation, technology, business analysis, and/or the financial services industry.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and dealing with uncertainty. Being dynamic, resilient and proactive is key.
Our side of the bargain – we offer you:
- A 6 month paid internship, with the possibility of an extension.
- You will be a huge part of an amazing team building Spain and Latin America’s most ambitious Fintech events, reports and startup programs.
- A unique opportunity for you to immerse yourself in the Fintech startup ecosystem.
- Access to world-class mentors and startups who can grow your network and inspire.
- Our values: be entrepreneurial, be kind, be impactful. We’re action-oriented and result-driven; we take what we do seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we’re not scared to laugh, experiment and fail.