This coming May 7th at 10:00 a.m. (Mexico City time), five of Latin America’s leading-edge startups will be presenting to the financial industry, investors and all the actors in the Fintech ecosystem in the region how they have scaled their technological solutions and what their business plans are to continue on the path to becoming one of the most successful startups in the region
The Digital Demo Day will put an end to the third generation of the Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech program in Mexico City, an initiative managed and run by Finnovista in Latin America. Our latest-generation started back in July 2019, when we called out to all Fintech startups in a growing stage that were determined to scale up their solutions and keep expanding operations regionally together with Finnovista team, mentors, and corporative partners of the program as well as with an extensive network of high valuable contacts in the ecosystem.
There were 129 growth-stage startups that applied to the program. 12 of them presented their solutions in the Selection Days in front of a large group of experts, who chose the 5 finalists who have participated in the six-months scaling program and who will showcase their business plans around the region at the Digital Demo Day that we will celebrate in the following days. ai360, apperto, Bederr, Koibanx and Siembro represent 3 Latin American countries: Argentina, Mexico and Peru.
Startup solutions that improve people’s financial lifes
- Ai360: Mexican startup, founded by entrepreneurs who identify investment opportunities from real estate analysis, and give recommendations to investors and developers based on analysis of the real estate market situation and its environment. The startup uses big data technology to analyze, visualize and prioritize relevant information from different sources, with state-of-the-art tools. Eduardo Torres is its CEO..
- Apperto: Born in Argentina, Apperto is an app that connects digitally people in small and medium-sized cities through multiple functions, helping empower their lives and contributing collaboratively to the development of their communities. With this app, users can connect with businesses and friends in their city to buy food, pay with their cell phones, chat, and have everything they need in one place. Matías Tini is one of the Co-Founders.
- Bederr: From Peru, Bederr is a platform used to consolidate benefit programs into a mobile application. This platform combines a group of corporate benefits for real-time use in a geolocated manner, offering all the corporate benefits in one place, the users can access a real-time communication platform and a marketplace with benefits content in real-time, in addition to a hub of locations and corporate benefits. One of its Co-Founders is Mario Gil.
- Koibanx: It is an Argentine company focused on smart contracts and Blockchain services. It takes advantage of this technology to create customized applications for governments, financial, logistics, and charity entities. Its main objective is to contribute to the creation of a better economy and improve its ecosystem. To accomplish this purpose, they not only get involved in the solution of their clients’ needs, but also help them integrate traditional business processes with the advantages of blockchain. One of its Co-Founders is Leo Elduayen.
- Siembro: Founded in Argentina, Siembro is the first online marketplace for agro-credits. It is a web platform that connects agricultural SMEs seeking financing with multiple financial institutions and operates as a digital point-of-sale, providing loans at the point of sale, without the need for a credit card or prior approval. A Fintech crowdlending business aimed exclusively at originating loans to the agricultural sector to finance purchases of goods and services. Its Founder and CEO is Nicolás Simonassi.
Six months of work
After six months of work, the startups have been trained to expand their businesses in the Mexican market through three ‘on-site weeks’, in which they had face-to-face activities, visits, and mentoring time with the program partners; and another three weeks of virtual work due to the health situation caused by the COVID-19.
This didn’t prevent the startups, partners, and Finnovista team from continuing to work, but all of them demonstrated a strong commitment to the smooth running of the program and adapted quickly to continue scaling their business by working remotely. This has meant that, for the last few weeks, the startups have succeeded to build a high-performance team that can work in different geographies and remotely.
We are ready to witness from our screens the event that will be a highlight for these innovative startups that will present their projects and short and medium-term plans to investors and key players of the entire Fintech ecosystem in Latin America.
We’re waiting for you! Register now to join the first Digital Demo Day!