Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Report to: Country Manager
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech ecosystems in Latin America and Spain through a collaborative Fintech platform that entails acceleration and scaling programs, conferences, hackathons, research, challenges, and a dedicated Fintech co-creation space.
Finnovista’s mission is to help transform finance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation. We eliminate frictions so startups can change the world of finance in collaboration with financial institutions, other corporates, and investors.
Finnovista Loft is our space in Mexico City, where we strive to build the leading collaborative center of Fintech entrepreneurship of Latin America. At the Loft, we host the best Fintech programs, corporate innovation programs and resident Fintech startups as well as the best community Fintech events, including our own Finnovista Pitch Day.
In 2017, Finnovista joined forces with Startupbootcamp FinTech, the largest Fintech accelerator network worldwide and together we operate Startupbootcamp FinTech in Latin America.
Startupbootcamp FinTech and Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech in Latin America are initiatives managed by Finnovista. Both programs are part of the global award-winning Startupbootcamp, a network of industry-focused innovation programs for startups.
Both programs are based in Mexico City and have the support from VISA, Fiinlab powered by Gentera, Banregio, HSBC Mexico, EY Mexico, IGNIA, Latina and White & Case.
Do you want to transform finance for the better, immerse yourself in a vibrant startup ecosystem, help us find the next high potential Fintech startups and help us to position the best Fintech accelerator in Latin America? This is your opportunity!
You’ll be working alongside the Executive Team providing support to the Acceleration and Scale programs as well as the Loft. Your tasks will include from organizing events to data mining, coordinating administrative processes and writing evaluation reports. We’re also looking for someone with excellent communications skills who is fluent in Spanish and has a working command of English.
As Ecosystem Coordinator you’d be responsible for:
- Connecting the dots: define and initiate collaborative opportunities within our internal and external network. We connect entrepreneurs and corporate innovators. You have to be able to identify when it makes sense for them to share resources: talk about learnings from a shared market or product area, give an introduction to potential new recruitment, funding partner or freelance frontend designer.
- Developing content for our innovation program together with the rest of the team: including ongoing research, coordination, marketing and execution of events as part of our innovation program. The program plays a key role in the house and consists of 1) Open inspirational panel sessions about new technology, digital products and innovative ways of working 2) Tailored workshops about methodologies and approaches and 3) Community events focusing on co-working, knowledge sharing, and work hacks etc.
- Building a vibrant and professional community of the resident startups through thorough mapping and daily interactions.
- Taking part in the daily activities, operations, chats and opportunities that are all part of the everyday life of our lively loft.
- Tracking, organizing and managing resources for the daily operation of various programs, including Finnovista Loft.
- Coordinating events and activities associated with our Startupbootcamp programs and other events of Finnovista.
- Supporting legal and administrative tasks. Maintain an adequate system for legal and administrative records.
- Supporting the team in a wider range of other tasks when required.
We really work as a team and we all step up to do whatever is needed so don’t expect routine!
- You are curious about (and have knowledge within) innovation and entrepreneurship. You like to be up to date on technology, future business tools, and new digital products.
- You are outgoing, social and would love to be part of our small, but an ambitious team. We love fresh approaches and in strive to create a culture of proactivity and results-oriented mindset, when it comes to our daily challenges.
- 2 years of experience managing projects in an office setting to include managing/reporting data, scheduling and establishing relationships with team members, startups residents and outside contacts.
- Process and detail oriented
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and high uncertainty environments
- Fluent in Spanish and English with excellent writing and speaking skills.
- You want to take an active role in transforming the finance for the better.
- You’re a great team player, but also able to work on projects autonomously.
- Love technology and entrepreneurship.
- Awesome at project management, with excellent organization and research skills
- Outstanding in clearly communicating and connecting with people from the youngest entrepreneur to the most senior investor.
- You’re ambitious, flexible, highly motivated and buzzing with energy.
- You’re super keen on learning fast.
- You are a hands-on, results driven person. You Get Things Done!
- You can cope with stress – in the startup ecosystem things move fast, often in unpredictable ways.
- You are very well organized.
- You´re passionate about collaborating in the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Latam.
Then we’re definitely looking for your talents!
Our side of the bargain – we offer you:
- You will be a key part of an amazing team building Latin America’s most ambitious Fintech programs and will be in close contact with your counterparts at other Startupbootcamp Fintech programs globally.
- A unique opportunity for you to immerse in the Fintech startup ecosystem.
- Access to world-class mentors and startups who can grow your network and inspire.
- The opportunity to grow and progress your career within Finnovista and the global Startupbootcamp network.
- Enjoy the perks of a coworking space like regular startup events, a great collaborative environment, and network.
- Our values: we’re action-oriented and result driven; we take what we do seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we’re not scared to laugh, experiment and fail.
- Access to the most relevant Fintech events in Latam.