Position: Events Content & Research Manager
Location: Finnovista LOFT, (Roma Norte, Mexico City)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Reports to: Events Director and Research Director
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech and Insurtech ecosystems in Latin America and Spain through a collaborative Fintech platform that entails acceleration and scaling programs, conferences, hackathons, research, challenges, and a dedicated Fintech co-creation space.
Finnovista’s mission is to help transform finance and insurance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation. We eliminate frictions so startups can change the world of finance in collaboration with financial institutions, other corporates, and investors.
Finnovista is the organizer of FINNOSUMMIT, the leading conference where innovators in the financial services industry meet through high-quality, impact networking and discover the most relevant and inspiring content to see and discuss the real future of financial services.
Finnovista also invests, accelerates and helps Fintech startups scale in Latin America and Spain through a partnership with Startupbootcamp and with the collaboration of leading financial entities at the regions.
For more information, please visit: www.finnovista.com
How will the new digital reality affect financial services? In what way will startups and digital ecosystems integrate and intersect with traditional banking? What new changes will appear as a result of the shifting industry landscape? Members of the Fintech community will try to solve these and other questions at FINNOSUMMIT an unmissable event for financial services professionals and experts around the world.
FINNOSUMMIT is the premier event in the Fintech sector and is organized by Finnovista, the leading global community promoting collaboration across actors within the worldwide Fintech ecosystem.
FINNOSUMMIT is held in In Mexico City and Miami and has positioned itself as the leading conference of the financial services industry in Latin America with a total of 2.000 attendees every year.
- Extremely organized and process oriented.
- Able to work on projects autonomously and be decisive.
- Great communicator with strong customer service abilities and able to interact with people of all levels.
- Strong analytical and abilities and a result oriented mindset.
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and high uncertainty environments
- Fluent in Spanish and English with excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Holds a degree in business management, marketing, economy, communication or fields related to technology and innovation.
- 3 to 5 años of experience working with Startups, Market Intelligence, venture capital, innovation or financial industry.
- Available to travel 10% of time.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Flexibility in working hours, especially on the days of the events.
- Competent in MS Office and Google Docs, as well as other collaborative tools such as Slack and Trello.
- You are passionate about technology, Fintech and Insurtech entrepreneurship and financial and insurance innovation.
- You are able to create and promote new and innovative ideas in relation to events agenda planning to offer unique user experiences.
- You are very results oriented, creative and determined.
- Used to working with deadlines, you’re a great team player, but also able to work on projects autonomously.
- Proactive, analytical and committed person with a great problem-solving capacity.
- Knowledge of project management with strong organizational and research abilities.
- Ability to manage large volumes of data and to produce insights.
- Able to identify and manage speakers.
- Able to leverage the potential of the global organization and to adapt to the local market requirements and necessities.
- Being up to date with relevant news and updates from the Fintech, Insurtech and adjacent technology segments.
- Building and implementing field research mechanisms for the Fintech & Insurtech sectors, through designing interviews and surveys and analyzing gathered data.
- Gathering data from primary and secondary sources, as well as market intelligence to process it and present it for a general audience.
- Identifying and generating relevant information for decision making and fro priority setting.
- Creating graphics, reports, white papers and general publications on Fintech and Insurtech.
- Actively contributing to the company’s position as an opinion leader (thought leadership).
- Defining event topics and planning events agendas.
- Collaborating along with the marketing and communications department with the development and execution of the marketing plan.
- Identifying, recruiting and confirming speakers.
- Organizing preparatory sessions with speakers in order to align content and interventions.
- Organizing the submission of the speakers’ slide shows.
- Coordinating the speakers’ travel and accommodation.
- Collaborating with the preparation of post-event reports, particularly with the data collection and the analysis of the content event (post-event enquiries).
- Coordinating and monitoring the agenda and the speakers at the event.
- Handle any problems and/or requirements that may come out with the speakers at the events in a decisive way.
- Periodically reporting to the events director and to the Investment and research director.
Our side of the bargain – we offer you:
- You will be a key part of an amazing team transforming finance and insurance for the better, through the most ambitious events and reports in Latin America.
- A unique opportunity for you to immerse in Fintech, one of the most thriving industries.
- Access to world-class mentors and startups who can grow your network and inspire.
- The opportunity to work closely with relevant players of the financial industry already sponsoring our programs and events, such as Visa, BBVA, Endeavor, Scotiabank and the British Embassy.
- Our values: we’re action-oriented and result driven; we take what we do seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we’re not scared to laugh, experiment and fail.
- Annual performance bonus for achieving objectives.