Job Title: Growth Program Director
Location: Mexico City, Mexico.
Reports to: Managing Partners, Finnovista
Suggested start date: 2 January 2018
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech ecosystems in Latin America and Spain through a collaborative Fintech platform that entails acceleration and scaling programs, conferences, hackathons, research, challenges and a dedicated Fintech co-creation space.
Finnovista’s mission is to help transform finance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology and innovation. We eliminate frictions so startups can change the world of finance in collaboration with financial institutions and other corporates.
Furthermore, Finnovista is the organizer of FINNOSUMMIT, the leading conference to meet the innovators of financial services industry through high-quality impact networking. FINNOSUMMIT helps build bridges between Fintech startups and the industry, creating the most inspiring and best curated content to visualize and discuss the future of financial services.
For information about Finnovista please check www.finnovista.com.
In 2016, Finnovista joined forces with Startupbootcamp (SBC) Fintech, the largest Fintech accelerator network worldwide and together we are launching a growth program for Fintech startups from Latin America and beyond. The program will build on top of existing SBC Fintech programs in Mexico, London, New York, Singapore, Mumbai and Amsterdam and is funded by a consortium of corporate industry partners who also help shape the program.
For information about Startupbootcamp please check www.startupbootcamp.org.
We are hiring an entrepreneurial, visionary and high-performing individual to lead the Growth program. The Program Director will be responsible for the overall execution of the Growth program with a focus on six key areas:
- Startup scouting/attracting and selection
- Supporting startups during the 6-month program with a dedicated team removing all barriers that inhibit growth in their businesses
- Run and attend relevant events, including Fintech Lounges, Mentor Days, FastTrack Days, Selection Days and Demo Day
- Relationships with all stakeholders: startups, corporate partners, investors and mentors
- Reporting to the Advisory Board of the program
- Startup funding and further growth after the 6-month program
This role is a unique opportunity to work closely with Fintech entrepreneurs from across Latin America, as well as industry players driving transformation and disruption in financial services.
You will be a strategist, integrator, connector and implementer – with the goal of doing whatever it takes to help launch and execute a world-class Fintech scale program in Latin America.
The Program Director will hire and manage a support team of 2-3 people, ensuring proper execution and administration of the program and preparing relevant reporting.
- Fluent English / Spanish, Portuguese preferred (not required)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in either startup acceleration, entrepreneurship and/or venture capital
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in financial services industry and/or corporate experience
- Experience in corporate partnership management: working with industry partners and corporates
- Very strong business sense, with experience in all strategic, operational, and funding aspects of startup & company development, especially in the early-stage phase
- Have a vast network in the startup and investor ecosystem and in the financial services industry in Mexico, and possibly throughout Latin America
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences. Being able to inspire startups
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to get things done
- Ability to work collaboratively, build trust and facilitate change in organizations
- Comfortable with travel as required in Latin America, Europe and the US
- Commitment and passion for doing and driving social change & entrepreneurship
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and high-uncertainty environments
In order to be considered for this position, email your resume, cover letter and put the job title you’re applying for in the subject line and send to email@example.com