Location: Finnovista Loft. (Roma Norte, Mexico City)
Remuneration: MX$7,100/month gross
Minimum period: 6 months
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech and Insurtech ecosystems in Latin America and Spain through a collaborative Fintech platform that entails acceleration and scaling programs, conferences, hackathons, research, challenges, and a dedicated Fintech co-creation space.
Finnovista’s mission is to help transform finance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation. We eliminate frictions so startups can change the world of finance in collaboration with financial institutions, other corporates, and investors.
Finnovista Loft is our space in Mexico City, where we strive to build the leading collaborative center of Fintech entrepreneurship of Latin America. At the Loft, we host the best Fintech programs, corporate innovation programs and resident Fintech startups as well as the best community Fintech events, including our own Finnovista Pitch Day.
In 2017, Finnovista joined forces with Startupbootcamp FinTech, the largest Fintech accelerator network worldwide and together we operate Startupbootcamp FinTech in Latin America. Startupbootcamp FinTech and Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech in Latin America are initiatives managed by Finnovista.
Startupbootcamp FinTech Mexico City and Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech Mexico City have a mission: supporting the best FinTech startups from Latin America. Year by year we support the growth of passionate startup teams who build high-quality financial products and services. It will be adventurous in an energizing environment. We promise you will enjoy every second of it. You will get to meet and learn from amazing people and accelerate yourself alongside super talented teams. Both programs are part of the global award-winning Startupbootcamp, a network of industry-focused innovation programs for startups. Both programs are based in Mexico City and have the support from VISA, Fiinlab powered by Gentera, Banregio, HSBC Mexico, EY Mexico, IGNIA, Latina and White & Case.
Do you want to transform finance for the better, immerse yourself in a vibrant startup ecosystem, help us find the next high potential Fintech startups and help us to position the best Fintech accelerator in Latin America? This is your opportunity!
The marketing and communications intern will work directly with the Finnovista Marketing team to create a brand presence within the Mexican startup market as well as contribute to initiatives leading the Finnovista and Startupbootcamp FinTech brand in Latin America.
You will learn about marketing practices and be heavily involved in communicating and learning about mass communication and online digital strategies.
You’ll be working alongside the team and help them with everything from organizing events, to data processing and writing evaluation reports. We’re also looking for someone with excellent communications skills who is fluent in English and Spanish.
As the Marketing & Communications Intern you’d be responsible for:
- Support the overall marketing and communications strategy of the different Finnovista and Startupbootcamp projects and events, especially in social media and graphic design.
- Coordinating events and activities associated with the Acceleration and Scale programs (including DemoDays, Selection Days, etc) and others Finnovista events (such as Pitch Days, FINNOSUMMIT, among others) while building a community around our startups.
- Supporting the team in a wider range of other tasks when required.
The internship is open to undergraduate students studying communication, marketing, journalism, writing or a related field.
- Fluent in English (writing and spoken) and Spanish
- Strong written communication skills, an understanding of digital media (such as social media and website management). You will support in press releases and you will also have the opportunity to write your own specialized items.
- Eager to learn how to use new tools (although if you don’t know how to use WordPress, you might want to start looking into it now).
- Innovative and can implement creative methods for maximum exposure.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop/Illustrator required; Photography experience preferred.
- Familiar with Google tools for remote working and Excel for analysis.
- International open-minded entrepreneurial spirit.
- The intern must have the ability to determine and set priorities as well as the capacity to handle multiple tasks appropriately in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Interest in startups, innovation, technology, business analysis, and the financial services industry.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and dealing with uncertainty. Being dynamic, resilient and proactive is key.
Our side of the bargain – we offer you:
- You will be a huge part of an amazing team building Latin America’s most ambitious FinTech accelerator and will be in close contact with your counterparts at other Finnovista programs.
- A unique opportunity for you to immerse in the Fintech startup ecosystem.
- Access to world-class mentors and startups who can grow your network and inspire.
- Enjoy the perks of a Finnovista Loft our coworking space like regular startup events, a great collaborative environment, and network.
- Our values: we’re action-oriented and result driven; we take what we do seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we’re not scared to laugh, experiment and fail.
Is this you?
In order to be considered for this position, email your resume, cover letter and put the job title you’re applying for in the subject line and send at email@example.com