Position: Portfolio Management and Development Manager, Startupbootcamp FinTech & Scale
Location: Finnovista LOFT, (Roma Norte, Mexico City)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Industry Partnerships
About the position
We are hiring an entrepreneurial, high-performing individual to lead the management and development of our growing portfolio of Fintech startups. The Portfolio & Development Manager will be responsible for the overall management of our existing portfolio of 30 early-stage Fintech companies with a focus on five key areas:
- Managing a best-in-class portfolio of seed-investments in Fintech companies that have gone through our programs
- Developing in-program startups: Working closely with the program 15 startups teams, support startups prior to, during and following the Acceleration and Scale programs, for example, helping to identify and eliminate all barriers that inhibit validation/growth of their businesses as well as supporting fundraising
- Play a critical role in the investor ecosystem, honing relationships with relevant investors and corporate partners, as well as cultivating and recruiting high-potential startups and mentors
- Contribute to and actively support the selection and recruitment of startups for the Acceleration and Scale program
- Run and attend relevant events, including FinTech Lounges, Mentor Days, FastTrack Days, Investor Days, Selection Days and Demo Day
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech & Insurtech ecosystems in Latin America and Spain through a collaborative platform that entails acceleration and scaling programs, conferences, hackathons, research, challenges and a dedicated co-creation space.
Finnovista’s mission is to help transform finance and insurance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology and innovation. We eliminate frictions so startups can change the world of finance in collaboration with financial institutions, insurers, other corporates and investors.
Finnovista LOFT is our space in Mexico City, where we strive to build the leading collaborative center of Fintech & Insurtech entrepreneurship of Latin America. At the LOFT, we host the best Fintech programs, corporate innovation programs, and resident Fintech startups as well as the best community Fintech events, including our own Finnovista Pitch Day. For information about Finnovista please check www.finnovista.com.
In 2017, Finnovista joined forces with Startupbootcamp FinTech, the largest Fintech accelerator network worldwide and together we operate Startupbootcamp FinTech in Latin America.
Startupbootcamp FinTech and Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech in Latin America are initiatives managed by Finnovista. Both programs are part of the global award-winning Startupbootcamp, a network of industry-focused innovation programs for startups.
Both programs are based in Mexico City and have the support from VISA, Fiinlab powered by Gentera, Banregio, HSBC Mexico, EY Mexico, IGNIA, Latina and White & Case. For more information visit: www.startupbootcamp.org.
Do you want to transform finance for the better, immerse yourself in a vibrant startup ecosystem, help us find the next high potential Fintech startups and help us to position the best FinTech incubator in Latin America? This is your opportunity!
This is the perfect role for an experienced individual looking to work with exceptional entrepreneurs, leading-edge companies innovating in finance and our amazing mentor community at the heart of Fintech in Mexico City!
The objective of the position: At Startupbootcamp Fintech & Scale, we are currently accelerating up to 15 Fintech startups per year from Latin America and beyond, including 5 scale-ups. Year by year we support the growth of passionate startup teams who build high-quality financial products and services. The Portfolio Management & Development Manager will deliver world-class reports and deep support to our startups, investors, and partners.
You are supporting the program teams and lead the execution of strategies developed by and with the team. With your executional and forward-thinking mindset, you take responsibility of delivering results on day-to-day, quarter-to-quarter basis that are necessary so that we continue to deliver a world-class program for our startups, mentors, investors, and partners. Your role reaches across a wide range of topics:
- Building relationships with some of the best Fintech startups out there.
- Negotiate and manage investments on behalf of SBC: tracking and measuring the success of our investment portfolio against KPIs, comparing performance against our sister Startupbootcamp programs and previous Fintech cohorts.
- Ensuring successful execution of our investment process in startups and providing investment advisory to entrepreneurs in subsequent investment rounds.
- Support startups on investment readiness and corporate governance.
- Managing our relations with both startups in acceleration and alumni.
- Supporting the design of the Scale program and quality execution of the key activities and events in Scale and Acceleration, from mentor engagement to corporate partner events, investor events, FinTech Lounge and “Demo Day”.
- Supporting the team in a wider range of other tasks when required, including mentoring interns.
Our side of the bargain – we offer you
- You will be a huge part of an amazing team building Latin America’s most ambitious and unique Fintech scale program and will be in close contact with your counterparts at other Startupbootcamp Fintech programs around the world.
- Opportunity to work with the most amazing Fintech growth startups of Latin America, helping them break barriers and achieve exponential growth.
- A unique opportunity for you to immerse yourself in the Fintech startup ecosystem.
- Access to world-class mentors and startups who can grow your network and inspire.
- The opportunity to grow and progress your career within the global Startupbootcamp network.
- Help transform finance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, eliminating frictions so startups can change the world of finance in collaboration with financial institutions and other corporates.
- Enjoy the perks of a Coworking Space like regular startup events, a great collaborative environment and network.
- Our values: we’re action-oriented and result driven; we take what we do seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we’re not scared to laugh, experiment and fail.
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Outstanding in clearly communicating and connecting with people from the youngest entrepreneur to the most senior investor.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in either startup acceleration, entrepreneurship and/or venture capital, with preferred 2 years in portfolio management: working with investors and startup founders
- Very strong finance and business background, with experience in analysis of and advising strategic, operations and funding aspects of startup & company development, especially in the early-stage phase.
- Have a vast network in the startup and investor ecosystem and in the financial services industry in Mexico, and possibly throughout Latin America
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences. Being able to inspire startups
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to get things done no matter what
- Commitment and passion for doing and driving social change & entrepreneurship
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and high-uncertainty environments
- A great team player who works collaboratively and shares information openly while is also able to work on projects autonomously.
- Global mindset including experience working with different geographies and cultures.