Location: Finnovista Loft, Mexico City
Report to: Director of Industry Partnerships
Remuneration: Commensurate based on experience
We are hiring an entrepreneurial, visionary and high-performing individual to lead our Fintech Acceleration Program: Startupbootcamp Fintech in Mexico City. The Program Director will be responsible for the overall execution of the Program with a focus on six key areas:
- Startup scouting/attracting and selection
- Supporting startups during the 3-month program with a dedicated team removing all barriers that inhibit validation of their businesses
- Run and attend relevant events, including Fintech Lounges, Mentor Days, FastTrack Days, Selection Days and Demo Day
- Relationships with all stakeholders: startups, corporate partners, investors and mentors
- Reporting to the Director of Industry Partnerships of Finnovista
- Startup funding and further growth after the 3-month program
Finnovista is an impact organization that empowers Fintech & Insurtech ecosystems in Latin America and Spain through a collaborative platform that entails acceleration and scaling programs, conferences, hackathons, research, challenges and a dedicated co-creation space.
Finnovista’s mission is to help transform finance and insurance for the better at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology and innovation. We eliminate frictions so startups can change the world of finance and insurance in collaboration with financial institutions, insurers, other corporates and investors.
Finnovista Loft is our space in Mexico City, where we strive to build the leading collaborative center of Fintech entrepreneurship of Latin America. At the LOFT, we host the best Fintech programs, corporate innovation programs and resident Fintech startups as well as the best community Fintech events, including our own Finnovista Pitch Day. For information about Finnovista please check www.finnovista.com.
In 2017, Finnovista joined forces with Startupbootcamp FinTech, the largest Fintech accelerator network worldwide and together we operate Startupbootcamp FinTech in Latin America.
Startupbootcamp FinTech and Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech in Latin America are initiatives managed by Finnovista. Both programs are part of the global award-winning Startupbootcamp, a network of industry-focused innovation programs for startups.
Both programs are based in Mexico City and have the support from VISA, Fiinlab powered by Gentera, Banregio, HSBC Mexico, EY Mexico, IGNIA, Latina and White & Case. For more information, visit: www.startupbootcamp.org.
Do you want to transform finance for the better, immerse yourself in a vibrant startup ecosystem, help us find the next high potential Fintech startups and help us to position the best FinTech incubator in Latin America? This is your opportunity!
The objective of the position
Direct and supervise the aspects related to the Acceleration Program to achieve the defined objectives for the satisfaction of startups, sponsors, investors, and other external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
Organizing and running the FinTech Mexico City accelerator by:
- Prospecting, scouting and selecting 10 top FinTech startups from around the world to participate in the program;
- Running an accelerator program together with the operations manager and team on the ground to lead various phases of the program from recruitment to Selection Days to Demo Days;
- Evaluating candidate startups for the Acceleration Program, establishing and negotiating the terms of investment with the startups and executing the corresponding investments.
- Directly working with the startups on the topics related to accelerating their business including fundraising and actively matching startups with scale-ups, corporate partners and investors;
- Implementation of the Startupbootcamp format, proven to work globally with over 700 startups accelerated
Consolidating our global thought leadership position in the FinTech and InsurTech field by:
- Writing blog posts and industry-focused content;
- Preparing & sharing business intelligence & monthly progress reports with key stakeholders;
- Giving external presentations about Startupbootcamp as required, representing the founders;
Innovation within Startupbootcamp by:
- Defining improvements to the organization, the network and the content, both inside and outside of the program;
- MVP innovations within the Mexico City program team and sharing best practices with the other Startupbootcamp programs.
Experience and knowledge you will gain:
- Close collaboration with 150+ mentors, sponsors, a large number of investors and the shareholders of Startupbootcamp;
- You will be a key part of an amazing team building Latin America’s most ambitious Fintech programs and will be in close contact with your counterparts at other Startupbootcamp Fintech programs globally.
- The opportunity to grow and progress your career within Finnovista and the global Startupbootcamp network.
- Our values: we’re action-oriented and result driven; we take what we do seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we’re not scared to laugh, experiment and fail.
This role is a unique opportunity to work closely with Fintech and Insurtech entrepreneurs from across Latin America, as well as industry players driving transformation and disruption in financial services.
You will be a strategist, integrator, connector, and implementer – with the goal of doing whatever it takes to lead a world-class Fintech acceleration program in Latin America.
The Program Director will manage a support team of 2-3 people, ensuring proper execution and administration of the program and preparing relevant reporting.
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in either startup acceleration, entrepreneurship and/or venture capital, preferred 3+ years of work experience in financial services industry and/or corporate experience
- Experience in corporate partnership management: working with industry partners and corporates
- Very strong business sense, with experience in all strategic, operational, and funding aspects of startup & company development, especially in the early-stage phase.
- Have a vast network in the startup and investor ecosystem and in the financial services industry in Mexico, and possibly throughout Latin America
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences. Being able to inspire startups
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to get things done in a collaborative manner, building trust and facilitating change in organizations
- Comfortable with travel as required in Latin America, Europe and the US
- Commitment and passion for doing and driving social change & entrepreneurship
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and high-uncertainty environments