Next 12 and 13 September FINNOSUMMIT México 2018, the Fintech conference with the largest trajectory in the region will take place. One of the main activities during this event will be FINNOSUMMIT Challenge competition sponsored by Scotiabank that received over 60 applications from startups coming from 11 countries, mainly Mexico (70%), Chile (8%) and Argentina (5%).
According to Andrés Fontao, Managing Partner of Finnovista.“More than 60 startups applied for this new edition of the competition where it is to be noted that most of them belong to the payments segment (35%), one more evidence of the increasing tendency of this sector, as illustrated by the last Finnovista Fintech Radar México . This percentage also reflects the rising importance of mobile devices to make payments in the country. Next come the segments of Enterprise Technologies for Financial Institutions (15%), Enterprise Financial Management (13%) and Insurances (8%)”
Of the 10 finalists, the winner will be recognized as the Tech startup with the greatest potential to transform financial services in Mexico. In addition, the winning startup will participate in a one-week immersion program in Mexico City and in Toronto (Canada), with one of the most important banks of the region: Scotiabank. During this week they will have the opportunity to present their solution to the ecosystem’s key members and executives and to explore collaboration opportunities.
Ignacio “Nacho” Deschamps,Group Head,International Banking and Digital Transformation of Scotiabank, highlights “Events such as FINNOSUMMIT are a great platform to strengthen the financial technology ecosystem in the Pacific Alliance markets. For us, collaborating with Fintechs is a great opportunity to accelerate our digital transformation and to continue improving our clients’ experiences.”
These are the 10 finalist projects selected:
- Arcus (Mexico): Company offering solutions for the financial and the retail industry as well as for commercial chains. They improve user experience in online banking offering balance enquiries and billing due dates and payment.
- Covela (Mexico): The first insurance broker online where SMEs can seek advice, quote, take out and manage insurances at a single place in and easy and fast way.
- Digital Mortgage (Chile): A company developing Tech solutions focused on digitalizing and automatizing financial processes or products in the mortgage and housing fields.
- Expediente Azul (Mexico): A web and mobile Fintech tool created for financial institutions and insurance companies to simplify the way they receive a great amount of documents coming from clients asking for a loan, opening an account or making a claim.
- Minka (Colombia): The first infrastructure provider for financial services based on blockchain and with active clients in the region. Minka is an open banking platform that allows real time deals in a configurable, extensible and traceable way.
- SafeSigner (Chile): Digital authentication platform that allows banks’ users to make transactions using their smartphones. Safesigner offers an SDK that interacts with their central platform.
- Supertasas (México): The solution aiming to fix the low rates that savers get in México. Through their direct banking solution, they pay savers a “super rate” (saving interest rate from Cetex $1 Mexican peso).
- Tu Identidad (Mexico): A mobile digital solution that, through the use of a tablet or smartphone, creates a digital KYC with identity validation.
- Vexi (México): A 100% online credit card, 100% Mexican, safer, more dynamic, convenient, faster and low cost, strengthened with a credit score with innovative inputs from non-traditional sources.
- VU Latam (Argentina): Company specialized in cybersecurity, with focus on the prevention of fraud and identity protection to empower companies in the process of digital transformation.
Next stop: FINNOSUMMIT Mexico, the biggest Fintech event in the region
The 10 finalists from FINNOSUMMIT Challenge will be pitching their projects at FINNOSUMMIT, the benchmark Fintech event in LatAm that will be taking place next 12 & 13 September at the Roberto Cantoral cultural centre. FINNOSUMMIT will have an attractive panel of speakers amongst which are the leading experts from the banking and financial industry, executives from the most innovative financial institutions in the region and Fintech startups from all over the world.
We encourage you to accompany us at FINNOSUMMIT and to discover first hand which startup becomes the winner of this edition of FINNOSUMMIT Challenge. Get to know more about the full agenda of the event and about the registration at: mexico.finnosummit.com