Your startup offers the most innovative solution in Insurtech and Fintech for Inclusion in Mexico? If that is the case, this competition is for you. FINNOSUMMIT Challenge aims to discover, promote and empower technology startups with the best talent and capacity to transform financial services and the insurance industry in Mexico.
This year FINNOSUMMIT Challenge has two categories:
- FINNOSUMMIT Challenge Insurtech
- FINNOSUMMIT Challenge Fintech for Inclusion (F4I)
The main objective is to promote technology-based entrepreneurship in the region and drive the finalist startups of the competition to its next level of development, giving them visibility, specialized mentoring and greater access to finance and partnerships thanks to the most relevant players in financial services and insurance industries.
The competition final will take place at FINNOSUMMIT Mexico, the most collaborative Fintech and Insurtech conference in the region and the one with the greatest Fintech track in Latin America, which will be back stronger than ever in 2019. For the first time the conference will last four days, from September 10th to 13th, during which it will connect the Fintech and Insurtech ecosystems in order to foster the region’s industry transformation through collaboration.
Startups from anywhere across the globe with an interest in Mexico can apply to the competition. We encourage you to apply by August 18th and propel your project with FINNOSUMMIT Challenge!
If you still have any doubts, check the Terms & Conditions. Also, if you know about other startups in your environment that may be interested, do not hesitate to share this information with them.
Find out if this competition is for you
The Insurtech category of FINNOSUMMIT Challenge is looking for the most innovative early stage startups working on a technology-based solution with the capacity to disrupt the insurance industry in Mexico and Latin America, including B2B and B2C solutions.
Examples of solutions within the insurance value chain:
- Product design
- Front office
- Policy acquisition and subscription
- Claim servicing and payout
Examples of technologies leveraged by Insurtech firms:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Connected ecosystems
- Big Data and Advanced analytics
- Robotic process automation
- Robo advisor
Fintech for Inclusion (F4I) category
The Fintech for Inclusion category of FINNOSUMMIT Challenge is looking for early stage startups that through the use of technology make financial services more inclusive for individuals and businesses that had previously not been able to access these services.
Examples of solutions related to the area of Fintech for Inclusion:
- Payments and Remittances
- Wealth Management
- Digital Banking
- Enterprise Financial Management (EFM)
- Personal Financial Management (PFM)
Examples of technologies leveraged by Fintech for Inclusion startups:
- Mobile & Apps
- Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data and Analytics
- Open Platforms and APIs
Every finalist of FINNOSUMMIT Challenge Insurtech and FINNOSUMMIT Challenge Fintech for Inclusion will receive:
- Two VIP tickets for FINNOSUMMIT Mexico on September 10th - 13th 2019 which will include attendance to the event’s VIP cocktail where key players of the Fintech and Insurtech industry are also invited.
- The 20 selected startups will also participate in a pitch training session where they will be able to develop and improve their presentation for the FINNOSUMMIT Final thanks to the feedback received from experts of the Fintech and Insurtech ecosystem.
- The finalists will also have the opportunity to pitch their businesses on the main stage at FINNOSUMMIT Mexico.
Besides the prize received as finalist of the competition, the winning startup of the Insurtech category of FINNOSUMMIT Challenge will receive the following prizes:
- Immersion trip to Hartford and Boston to connect with one of the most advanced Insurtech ecosystems in the world. A trip valued in USD $5,000.
- Direct invitation to attend Selection Days at Hartford Insurtech Hub, powered by Startupbootcamp, the leading acceleration program that supports innovative companies in the insurance industry. This way the winner will pass the first selection phase of the program.
- Recognition as the most innovative Insurtech startup in Latin America.
Besides the prize received as finalist of the competition, the winning startup of the Fintech for Inclusion category of FINNOSUMMIT Challenge will receive the following prizes:
- Direct invitation to attend Selection Days Startupbootcamp FinTech Mexico City, the leading Fintech acceleration and Scale program in Latin America that supports innovative companies in the financial services industry. This means that the winning startup will pass the first selection phase of the program.
- Recognition as the most innovative Fintech for Inclusion startup in Latin America.
The competition final will take place at the FINNOSUMMIT the leading Fintech and Insurtech conference in the region that will be held in Mexico City this coming September 10-13th. The 20 selected finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their projects in front of a jury comprised of leading experts and of the more than 3,000 key players that will be attending the event.
The success of the six previous editions organized by Finnovista in different cities of Latin America, in which over 4,500 Fintech and Insurtech innovators have already participated, guarantee the quality of FINNOSUMMIT. It has been an unmissable meeting point for entrepreneurs of this sectors, as well as for investors, insurers and financial institutions from Mexico and from the rest of the world for the last six years.
Need help? If you are a startup or an entrepreneur and you have any questions with regard to FINNOSUMMIT Challenge, we'd love to help you. Please, email us.