Finnovista was founded at the end of 2012 by a group of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in digital technology, venture capital and financial institutions, for the purpose of exploiting the entrepreneurial driven trend of digital transformation to facilitate the creation of a better financial services industry. During these years Finnovista has built a fintech ecosystem which extends across developed and emerging countries:
- We have built and facilitated the communities of fintech innovators in Latin America and Europe through our smart collaborative network involving over 250 entrepreneurs, investors, corporations and public institutions.
- We have created the leading fintech innovation forum (In 2013 and 2014, under the Next Bank brand, and from 2015 onwards under the FINNOSUMMIT brand) in Latin America and Europe, bringing together more than 1500 innovators. These high impact events took place in cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Mexico DF and Bogota, and were supported by partners like 500 Startups, Accenture, BCN Activa, Gentera, Mastercard, BBVA, Endeavor, INADEM, iNNpulsa, MWC, Omidyar Network, Visa and Wayra/Telefónica, among many others.
- We have designed, implemented and managed four large-scale fintech startup competitions on behalf of Innotribe (SWIFT) and BBVA Open Talent (BBVA), that have relied on the participation of our smart collaborative network.
- We have captured the interest and received applications from more than 1200 startups worldwide in our startup competitions that seek emerging talent transforming the financial industry and related sectors.
- The finalists of our startup competitions have subsequently been chosen by large corporations to execute strategic projects and have received investment in excess of $40mn from VC companies and business angels.
- We have co-created and facilitated business innovation workshops and financial services hackathons, involving a diverse network of entrepreneurs, financial industry executives, investors, technologists and consultants.
- We have designed, implemented and executed acceleration programs for global startups in New York, connecting the companies the US ecosystem and investors.